The Science Alliance for Valuing the Environment (S.A.V.E.) was established in August, 1990 by a group of concerned citizens who wanted to make a difference and promote a love and appreciation for our natural world. It is a non-profit 501(c) (3) organization. S.A.V.E. has been recognized for its work by the National Environmental Awards Council, the Ohio House of Representatives, and the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development.
S.A.V.E. is a catalyst for individual and community action for sustainability.
The Science Alliance for Valuing the Environment (S.A.V.E.) Inc. fosters a personal awareness and respect for the interrelatedness of ecology, spirituality, and sustainability. S.A.V.E. creates formal and informal life-long learning opportunities in collaboration with organizations at all levels — local, national, and global. S.A.V.E.’s activities are designed to empower individuals to values-based action for a just and sustainable world.
S.A.V.E. sponsors educational opportunities and other activities to further our vision for a more sustainable world including:
- Sponsoring bi-monthly public lectures
- Provides two scholarships for graduating seniors
- Providing three special environmental awards annually at Northwest District Science Day
- Presenting Environmental Awards at the annual Awards Night
- Publishing a quarterly newsletter
- Presenting at local conferences
- Recycling used printer copier cartridges, cell phones and other electronics
- Collaborates with the Laudato Si’ Implementation Team, Care for Creation and JPIC of the Sisters of St. Francis, Lifelong Learning at Lourdes University and many other partners in the local community.